2-hour self-defense seminar at noon on Saturday, Jan. 14, at CFSV!
COST: $50 for members, $60 for non-members. Please send your payment via PayPal to firstname.lastname@example.org—with a note "CFSV self-defense seminar." You can also hand me cash at the box or a check.
1. Situational awareness.
2. Scenarios & verbal cues for de-escalating a threatening situation.
3. Learn how to effectively throw strikes.
4. Learn the body's vital areas and how to attack them.
5. Practice techniques for breaking holds, and escaping or incapacitating an attacker.
6. Concludes with a karate demonstration—board breaking, among other things.
WHO: Taught by CrossFit HQ employees Brad Hoffeld and Melissa Yinger. The married couple are better known around the office as Sensei and Sempai. They teach our Kyokushin Karate classes three times a week here at HQ in addition to their day jobs as travel coordinator and copy editor. Brad is a fourth-degree black belt and has been training Kyokushin for more than 20 years. Melissa is a second-degree black belt and has been training Kyokushin for nearly a decade. Both have taught many self-defense classes to non-martial artists.
Row 3 minutes:
Then: 3x Burgner Warm-up w/ pvc
2x Burgner Warm-up w/ empty bar
3 rounds for time of:
- 3 Power Snatches, 115/75 lbs
- 5 Squat Snatches, 115/75 lbs
- 7 Overhead Squats, 115/75 lbs
- 21 Row Calories
Goal: 8-10 min
Hollow Rock 3x 30 secs Rest as needed between sets.
Where and what- the best Coffee you ever have had?