CSV requests the participation of ALL members.
PRELIMINARIES The Whole Life Challenge is an 8-week health and fitness challenge designed to turn you into a diggin' deep, nose-to-the-grindstone, what are you made of, no-crying-in-CrossFit, swinging for the fences master of your physical and mental destiny! You'll be playing with 10,000-20,000 people form affiliates around the world!
- Entry Fee: $45 for everyone--all members, friends, and family.
- Prelims: Saturday, September 15th
- Finals: Saturday, November 10th
Registration: You can register online at http://www.wholelifechallenge.com
Friends & Family may play along with you, but you must be registered first to invite them to join.
The challenge winner will have to succeed in 3 areas:
Performance - Improve your work, improve your play
Body Transformation - Get lean & mean
Accountability - Play every day!
How the game is played:
You will be measured in the beginning and the end of the challenge to track your improvement - body and performance.
Every day you will be challenged to live by these rules, and earn up to 6 points daily:
- Nutrition - No grains or starches (including corn and soy), so sugar (artificial or natural), no alcohol, soda or juice, no dairy and no artificial or processed foods. You can earn up to 3 points maximum for each day of nutrition. Violate one of your rules and subtract 1 point. The lowest score you can get on any day is 0.
- Workout - Every day. The rule is 10 minutes minimum, and you get to say if it was a workout for you. You will receive 1 point for working out.
- Mobilization - Stretch daily, 10 minutes minimum. You can do this any way you want. You will receive 1 point for stretching/mobilizing.
- Fish oil - A daily dose of fish oil. There is no minimum, but research suggests 4000mg combination of EPA/DHA per day.
Every day by 3:00 you will log into the scoreboard and report how you did the previous day. You only have until 3:00 each day, after that you will receive a 0 for the day before, so make it a habit!
All participants in the challenge will receive:
+ Access to the Whole Life Challenge WORLDWIDE online scoreboard
+ A “Pre-Game Huddle” seminar - Want to give yourself the best shot? Come to a 1 hour meet-up to cover the basics of setting yourself up: preparing your home and kitchen, shopping and preparing food, and strategies
+ Whole Life Challenge mid-challenge BBQ
+ Access to a Whole Life Challenge blog with coaching, support, recipes and videos
+ Access to the Whole Life Challenge discussion forums for getting together with other participants to trade experiences, successes, breakdowns, tips, "cheats" and to lend and give support.
+ A post-challenge party & celebration!
CASH & PRIZES for Winners!
“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” ― Mae West