The hardest part about changing my eating habits is missing my favorite foods. My all time favorite is buffalo wings. Smokeaters was a place I would go to at least once a week and indulge in sweet fried goodness.
Luckily, I have found a substitute, and truthfully, I like these more because I don't get that grease filled coma after! So here it is, baked "buffalo" wings
What you need:
- 2lb chicken wings. (Trader Joe's has an organic choice that's perfect!)
- 1 cup Tapatio hot sauce ( for zone diet, it's basically a freebie)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (or more if you want)
1. Let wings thaw if frozen
2. Melt butter and mix with hot sauce and garlic
3. Put chicken in large Ziploc bag (or bowl) and mix it all up
4. Let chicken sit in sauce for an hour in fridge
5. Use a cookie sheet and cover with foil
6. Preheat oven to 375
7. Place wings on sheet and cook for 20 minutes
8. Turn wings over, cover in any additional sauce left from step 3
9. Cook another 20 minutes or until wings are no longer pink in middle
5 wings are four blocks if you’re zoning!
By Chad Artery - CFSV Athlete
8 min “Tabata Mash Up”
- Jump Rope
- Mtn Climber
- Swing (light weight)
Use the heaviest weight you can for each set. Rest as needed between sets.
Goal: 80% or higher for all working sets
AbMat Sit-ups 1x50
Accumulate 50 reps. Do in any order with Post-workout 2.
Plank Hold 1x 120 secs Rest as needed between sets.
Accumulate 2 minutes. Mix and match with post-workout 1 in any order.
What is your favorite painting by a famous painter? Post to comments!