Ok folks, we are all are set to measure and WOD at the Cesar Chavez Park this Saturday. If there is any reason you cannot make it to the park this Saturday at 8AM, a few coaches will be at the box today (Friday) evening for measurement. The preliminaries will start at 8 and hopefully won't go past 9:30AM.
As many rounds as possible in 9 mins of:
- 7 Kettlebell Swings 24 lbs
- 7 Burpees
- 50 m Shuttle Run
Post total rounds.
Normal classes as scheduled at the box. NO GYMNASTICS CLASS SATURDAY MORNING, but please check out our awesome new tumbling mats brought in by Rudy!
How the game is played:
You will be measured in the beginning and the end of the challenge to track your improvement – body and performance.
Every day you will be challenged to live by these rules, and earn up to 6 points daily:
- Nutrition - No grains or starches (including corn and soy and quinoa), no sugar (artificial or natural, diet coke is not natural), no alcohol, soda or juice, no dairy and no artificial or processed foods. You can earn up to 3 points maximum for each day of nutrition. Violate one of your rules and subtract 1 point. The lowest score you can get on any day is 0.
- Workout - Every day. The rule is 10 minutes minimum, and you get to say if it was a workout for you. You will receive 1 point for working out.
- Mobilization - Stretch daily, 10 minutes minimum. You can do this any way you want. You will receive 1 point for stretching/mobilizing.
- Fish oil - A daily dose of fish oil. There is no minimum, but research suggests 4000mg combination of EPA/DHA per day.
Every day by 3:00 you will log into the scoreboard and report how you did the previous day. You only have until 3:00 each day, after that you will receive a 0 for the day before, so make it a habit!
All participants in the challenge will receive:
- Access to the Whole Life Challenge WORLDWIDE online scoreboard
- Access to a Whole Life Challenge blog with coaching, support, recipes and videos
- Access to the Whole Life Challenge facebook discussion forums for getting together with other participants to trade experiences, recipes, successes, breakdowns, tips, “cheats” and to lend and give support.
- A post-challenge party & celebration!
- Whole Life Challenge mid-challenge BBQ